27 June 2010

A GFA-BASIC32 Forum

I'm joining a forum now.

http://gb32.proboards.com/

The administrator Detlef Peters AKA 'Joshy' convinced me of the relevance of this forum. He has created plug-ins, DLLs, libraries to be used with Basic4GL, but he thinks this language is dead and no longer supported. He also thinks that quite some Basic4GL users might switch to GFA-BASIC 32. They are welcome and might need technical support. Joshy seems knowledgeable and serious, and therefore I decided to join, although I don't like forums, I prefer mailing lists, but what the heck I'll give it a try.

I will check in as much as possible, but will limit myself to answering GFA-BASIC 32 related questions and problems. General Windows programming issues should be solved by studying (VB) books and other samples. For me, it is no longer opportune to answer questions like "what is the difference between ByVal and ByRef?" The internet is full with good explanations. I will go into questions of why you should use ByRef explicitly in non-event Sub subroutines

No comments:

Post a Comment